- Historical event:
- 02 May 1945
- Here is a list of the ministers of the last government of the Third Reich (the so-called Flensburg Government), which was established few days after Hitler's death.
On this day in 1945, the ministers of the last government of the Third Reich (the so-called Flensburg Government) were appointed.
After the death of Adolf Hitler, Admiral Karl Dönitz became Reichspräsident (President), according to Hitler’s last will. Dönitz`s seat was located near the city of Flensburg (the north of Germany, near the border with Denmark).
As the President, Admiral Dönitz appointed Count Lutz Schwerin von Krosigk the head of the government.
Interestingly, Count Schwerin wasn’t “Chancellor”, as had been previously common, but the “Leading Minister of the German Reich” (German: Leitender Minister).
Here’s a list of the ministers in the last government of the Third Reich:
- Leading Minister, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Minister of Finance: Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosigk
- Minister of the Interior: Wilhelm Stuckart
- Minister of Justice: Otto Georg Thierack
- Minister for Economics, Minister for Armaments and War Production: Albert Speer
- Minister for Food and Agriculture: Herbert Backe
- Minister of War: Karl Dönitz
- Minister for Labour: Franz Seldte
- Minister of Transport, Minister for Postal Affairs: Julius Dorpmüller